Field of Play
Field shall be 35 yards long by 30 yards wide. With a goal box of 2 yards long by 4 yards wide.
Number of Players
1. All teams will play 4 per side (no goalies).
CO-ED ONLY: A minimum of 2 females must be on the field at all times.
CO-ED ONLY: A team can play with only 1 female, but in this case they are only allowed to play a maximum of 2 males
2. Teams must have a minimum of three players on the field to start a game. A 5-minute grace period will be in effect for the first game of the day only.
3. Substitutions shall be unlimited. Substitutions may be made once the ref has acknowledged that a substitution can be made.The player leaving and entering the field does so at midfield and/or without gaining an unfair advantage.
Player equipment must conform to Striker Soccer rules.
1. Shin Guards are REQUIRED. No exceptions.
2. Footwear: regulation soccer cleats with rubber-soles (not football cleats), plastic cleats, and detachable rubber cleats that screw into the shoe, and tennis shoes are the only permissible footwear.
3. Teams will wear uniforms of matching color.
4. If eyeglasses are worn, each player is responsible for the safety of his/her own eyeglasses.
5. No hats with bills, watches, or bulky jewelry.
Duration of the Match
1. Games will be played with two 15-minute halves, and a three-minute half time.
2. There will be no overtime periods in regular season matches.
3. If there is a playoff match, playoff matches will have a 1 minute Golden Goal, then 5 minute overtime periods with “Golden Goal” format. If there is no score after overtime,
Penalty Kicks will follow. First to 5 goals wins. If still a tie, golden goal PK is how winner will be determined.
CO-ED ONLY: Co-Ed games ending in PK’s will have 5 shooters with a minimum of 2 female shooters.
Forfeit Time: A 5 minute grace period will be given to a team not able to meet the minimum player requirements of number of players. A forfeit will result in a 4-0 loss for the forfeiting team. After forfeiture, the game can still be played as a scrimmage or “friendly” between the two scheduled teams. Even if it is a forfeit, referees are required to stay and officiate the game if both teams still want to play. Teams can share players between the two scheduled teams or any team scheduled at their field, if the game is a forfeit. All players playing in a forfeited game must be registered players on the rosters at the field that game is being played at, and check in before they play.
Mercy Rule: If one team goes up by 5 goals they must remove (1) player until the goal differential drops below 5.
The offside rule will NOT be in effect
1. There is NO SLIDE TACKLING. You may slide block to block a shot with no players around. If a player is around, it will result in a yellow.
2. A slide tackle will result in an automatic yellow card.
3. A slide tackle occurs when a player leaves his/her feet and leads with his/her feet to play the ball while the ball is in the proximity of another player.
4. A slide tackle does not require that any contact occur between players.
5. Sliding to keep a ball from going out of bounds, or to stop a ball that does not endanger another player is not a foul.
6. It will be up to the referee’s discretion as to whether or not a player’s participation from the ground is dangerous.
1. All fouls outside of the goal box will be awarded a penalty kick.
2. A penalty within the goal box results in a penalty kick from the halfway line. If the defensive team touches the ball inside the box with purposeful intent to block a goal, that will result in a yellow card.
2. All free kicks are indirect with the exception of corner kicks.
3. Indirect Kicks: The ball must touch an OFFENSIVE player before a goal can be scored.
You cannot deflect the ball off of a defensive player to score on an indirect free kick.
The defensive players can be no closer than 2 yards to the ball.
1. All balls that go out of bounds on the sidelines will be put back into play via a kick-in. This is treated like an indirect free kick (defenders must give 2 yards).
Ball may be kicked from on or anywhere within the goal box. A goal may not be scored directly from a goal kick.
1. A corner kick shall be awarded to the attacking team when the entire ball passes over the goal line, excluding the area between the goal posts and under the crossbar, either in the air or on the ground, having last been touched or played by the defending team.
2. A corner kick is the only free kick that is considered direct.
3. Players of the defending team shall be at least 2 yards from the ball until it has been kicked.
4. The ball shall be kicked from the ground within proximity to the corner, at the corner nearest where the ball left the field of play.
5. After the corner kick, the ball must be played by another player, before the one who executed the kick plays the ball again.
1. Fouls/Infractions inside the goal box will result in a direct free kick from the halfway line into an empty goal. (You'll be surprised how many people miss these). If the defensive team touches the ball inside the box with purposeful intent to block a goal, that will result in a yellow card.
2. Everyone else should be behind the player kicking and can move once the ball has been kicked.
3. The Kicker can only take one step, and then must shoot. The kicker is not allowed to take a running start.
Violations and Bookings
1. If a player receives a yellow card, they will be removed from the playing field for 5 minutes, but may be replaced by another teammate so that the team can continue at full strength. Names are taken after every yellow card. Failure to provide the referee with your own, real name will result in a longer suspension from the league.
2. If you receive a yellow card for dissent, smack talk, persistent complaining etc, you will be sent to the sin bin, and be off the field for 10 minutes. The team will not be able to use a sub in this instance, so your team will play down a player.
3. A player receiving two yellow cards in one game will be ejected from the current game and their next game. The team will have to play down a player in this case for the current game.
5. A player receiving a red card in a game will be ejected from the current game and their next game, and the team will have to play down a player for the rest of that game.
Sin bins – The sin-bin will mean ten minutes off the field. No replacement or sub is allowed. Anyone still continuing to argue or complain will receive a red card and suspension from future games. The sin bin area will be your own teams bench.
Smack talk, complaining and abusive language – Smack talk consists of verbally abusing anyone and WILL NOT be tolerated in this league. This includes your opponent, a team mate or referee. It also consists of persistent complaining. Only the Captains should address the referee, calmly, during the game. If you are not the Captain and complain or make comments to the referee, you can expect to receive a yellow or a red card, depending on what and how you say things. If your body language or tone of voice is perceived to be aggressive, you can expect a more severe punishment. If you constantly whine and complain, you should expect a sin bin and a yellow card, or a straight red card. If you receive a red card you will be suspended from future games, the length to be determined by the league, no exceptions. The answer to this is, don’t do it! It’s almost certain a referee will never change their mind, so don’t waste your breath, and just play. It’s not the World Cup.
If a team persistently complains, the referee will address the Captain and give a final warning. After this, if it continues, the referee will abandon the game and the offending team will be sanctioned. This may include expulsion from the league, with no refunds.
Conduct yourself properly. If you put your hands on anyone in an aggressive way, it will be a straight red and suspended from the league indefinitely. A push is included in this, so be warned. We will not tolerate pushing, shoving, getting in someone’s face or fighting in this league. You will be expelled with no refund.
DETERMINATION OF SEASON WINNINGS
In regular season play there will be NO overtime games. Standings in the league will be determined by GAME POINTS:
3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
0 points for a loss
Maximum goal difference for each game is 4. (If a team wins 6-0, only 4 goals count).
Same thing with the losing team, their goal difference would be -4.
1 minute Golden Goal
5 minute sudden death
5 PK’s, 2 must be kicked by girls
Sudden death PK